Fundraising doesn’t have to be a challenge if you have a good product, are well organized, and have a good attitude. Try to put yourself in your customers’ shoes, treat them how you would like to be treated. And always remember you are representing your team so be on your best behavior. Keeping all this in mind, here are some great tips to help you have a successful fundraiser.
• Identify your organizational needs and fundraising goals
• Motivate your organization and members
• Relay the organizational goals to the parents and participants
• Begin planning the logistics of distributing the products to the participants, and eventually, to the supporters
• Set a daily goal based on how much time is available
• Practice your sales presentation with your participants
• Show customers the Order Form so they can see the various team options
• Be helpful if the customer is indecisive, and be prepared to offer a suggestion
• Keep a copy of your customers’ name and purchases for next year’s fundraising drive
When selling be sure to follow these steps:
• Introduce yourself, (Hello, my name is_____)
• Tell the person why you are fundraising (We are trying to raise money for our football program…)
• Ask if they would like to buy multiples of your items.
• Tell them your item is a great, inexpensive gift for fans of any age
• Be sure to thank the customer (Even if they do not buy any of your items – remember you are representing your team and town. )
Most people are more than willing to help you in your fundraising efforts. They have probably been in a few themselves. Always remember to thank them and wish them a pleasant day. A good product and good service will quickly bring you success in your fundraising efforts.